For Episode 51, we had one of our favorite guests — Hannah Uvegas — back on to preview the 2019 Tribe season!
We drank “Hustle”, an IPA by Rhinegeist Brewery (Cincinnati), and we kicked off the episode by discussing our top five favorite ballpark foods. Then we transitioned into our official 2019 Indians season preview, dissecting owner Paul Dolan’s absurd comments regarding Lindor’s future and giving our predictions for the Tribe and the World Series.
The episode concludes with a rousing discussion about the state of children’s entertainment (specifically how annoying “Baby Shark” is) and a preview of some upcoming Cleveland events.
As always, thank you for listening and remember to check us out on social media at @thelotlpodcast (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Dyngus Day Celebrations: April 22 (Gordon Square, various CLE neighborhoods)
- 9th Annual Cleveland Dyngus Day Celebration
- From the website:
- “Historically a Polish tradition, Dyngus Day celebrates the end of the observance of Lent and the joy of Easter. Over the decades, Dyngus Day has become a wonderful holiday to celebrate Polish-American culture, heritage and traditions. In Cleveland specifically, our goal is to not only make this a Polish Cultural festival, we also want to celebrate our Polka Heritage as well as the other Eastern European cultures still thriving in Cleveland.”
- Crowds of around 45K usually.
- Centered around Gordon Square neighborhood on Detroit Ave., but celebrations will go on around the city, including Ohio City and Tremont
- Sibling Revelry will be the official beer sponsor; Western Reserve will serve vodka
- Ethnic food vendors include the Pierogi Lady, Pierogi Joe, Rudy’s Strudel & Bakery, Cleveland Vegan, Banter, and Carmen’s
- Live music: Chardon Polka Band, Don Wojtila Band and the Alex Meixner Band, DJ Kishka
- Fathead’s North Olmsted 10 Year Anniversary Party: April 7 (North Olmsted)
- Celebrating 10 years of delicious beer and tasty food
- Happy hour all day
- 10 % off all food
- 10% + 10% off retail
- $3 off growler refills
- $25 gift card for $20.09