Jimmy returned for Episode 52, and now he’s 21! So we made him bring the beer of the week (he chose New Belgium Voodoo Ranger IPA).
We started off with a discussion about our top 5 favorite summer activities. After that, we debate if cargo shorts are cool or not — this was a popular topic.
For sports, we touched on the Browns latest offseason moves, the Indian’s improved play, and who the Cavs should pick up in the draft.
We wrap up with previewing Dyngus Day and a Ten-Year Anniversary Party for Fathead’s!
- Dyngus Day Celebrations: April 22 (Gordon Square, various CLE neighborhoods)
- 9th Annual Cleveland Dyngus Day Celebration
- From the website:
- “Historically a Polish tradition, Dyngus Day celebrates the end of the observance of Lent and the joy of Easter. Over the decades, Dyngus Day has become a wonderful holiday to celebrate Polish-American culture, heritage and traditions. In Cleveland specifically, our goal is to not only make this a Polish Cultural festival, we also want to celebrate our Polka Heritage as well as the other Eastern European cultures still thriving in Cleveland.”
- Crowds of around 45K usually.
- Centered around Gordon Square neighborhood on Detroit Ave., but celebrations will go on around the city, including Ohio City and Tremont
- Sibling Revelry will be the official beer sponsor; Western Reserve will serve vodka
- Ethnic food vendors include the Pierogi Lady, Pierogi Joe, Rudy’s Strudel & Bakery, Cleveland Vegan, Banter, and Carmen’s
- Live music: Chardon Polka Band, Don Wojtila Band and the Alex Meixner Band, DJ Kishka
- Fathead’s North Olmsted 10 Year Anniversary Party: April 7 (North Olmsted)
- Celebrating 10 years of delicious beer and tasty food
- Happy hour all day
- 10 % off all food
- 10% + 10% off retail
- $3 off growler refills
- $25 gift card for $20.09