Beer of the week:
- Inside My Head Hazy IPA by Platform Beer Co.
Poll off the week: Is cauliflower pizza consider real pizza?
Top 5 of the week: Top 5 Songs of the 2010’s
Guest of the week: None this week
“Jimmy In the CLE”: Yes!
- Arsenal Cider House opens in Ohio City
- Market Garden to open separate cider house, Magis Cider Co.
- Market Garden co-owner Mike Foran says cider house will use local Ohio Apples from Quarry Hill Orchards
- Opening unknown yet; depends on licensing
- Cleveland.com article: https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2019/09/magis-cider-co-to-launch-in-cleveland.html
- Willoughby Brewing Company is closed
- Per Cleveland.com, the company failed to pay taxes (notice on door)
- “A vendor’s license can be suspended if an entity fails to file sales-tax returns. A license can be reinstated by filing returns and remitting what is owed, along with possible penalties.”
- Will they open again?
- What does this mean for the industry? It is very impressive that this is the first major brewery closure in the city since the boom.
- Facebook and Instagram shuttered
- New ownership in 2019; lost their biggest brewer in 2018
- Opened in 1998
- Donut Fest: Feb. 8 (2400 Superior Ave., Cleveland; Red Space)
- Fourth annual Donut Fest
- Tickets available Jan. 10 here: https://www.universe.com/events/donut-fest-cleveland-2020-tickets-7L25MG
- VIP Session: $50
- 9 – 10:30 a.m.
- Includes early tickets to fest, tickets to taste donuts from all vendors, 3 coffee tickets, Donut Fest mug, and a goodie bag
- Regular Sessions: $35
- 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.; 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Includes everything VIP offers minus the mug
- List of vendors: Peace, Love, & Little Donuts, Brewnuts, Cleveland Cold Brew Coffee, Erie Island Coffee Co., Obvious Coffee Co., Urban Farmer, Joe Maxx Coffee Co., Mocina Coffee, Solstice Coffee & Tea, Fiona’s Coffee Bar & Bakery, Circles on the Square, Holey Toledough Donuts
As usual, follow us on social media at @thelotlpodcast (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram).
Thanks for listening!