Beer of the week:
- White Rajah IPA by The Brew Kettle
Poll off the week: Who would you rather trade: Tristan Thompson or Kevin Love?
Top 5 of the week: None this week
Guest of the week: None this week
“Jimmy In the CLE: Yes!
- Greenhouse Tavern, owned by Cleveland chef Jonathon Sawyer, to close
- Per Cleveland Scene, restaurant will close permanently after Valentine’s Day
- Opened in 2009 and has been a staple on E. 4th Street
- No news on why the closure
- Cleveland Scene article: https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2020/02/05/greenhouse-tavern-to-permanently-close-following-valentines-day-or-possibly-before
- New pizzeria, Roman Cafe, to open on E. 4th Street
- Will be located in the soon to close Erie Island Coffee Co.
- Owner of Citizen Pie, Vytauras Sasnauskas, the brains behind the project
- Per Sasnauskas, Roman style pizza is the next big trend
- Cafe will be modeled after world-famous pizzeria/cafe in Rome (and now worldwide locations), Bonci
- Partnering with Six Shooter Coffee, so coffee will continue to be served
- Cleveland Scene article: https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2020/02/05/owner-of-citizen-pie-to-open-roman-cafe-in-home-of-erie-island-coffee-on-e-fourth-st?utm_source=featurefollow&utm_medium=home&utm_campaign=hpfeatures&utm_content=HomeTopFeature
- Taco Fest: April 6th – 12th (various locations throughout the city)
- First ever taco week
- Hosted by Scene Magazine
- Not many details finalized, but the plan is to have $2 taco specials throughout the city in various restaurants
- Participants to be announced soon
As usual, follow us on social media at @thelotlpodcast (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram).
Thanks for listening!