Beer of the week:
- GymDay IPA by Platform Beer Co.
Poll off the week: Did you watch the opening weekend of the XFL?
Top 5 of the week: Top 5 Obscure Sports
Guest of the week: None this week
“Jimmy In the CLE: Yes!
- Chef Jonathan Sawyer out at his other restaurants
- What is going on with Chef Sawyer?
- Great Lakes Brewery reopens this weekend
- Reopens Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14th) with new “split-concept model”
- Two concepts:
- 1. Brewpub/taproom — will include new gastropub menu & traditional brewery bar & seating
- 2. Beer Garden — will include separate beer garden menu (attendees can order from brewpub menu, but not vice-versa), with communal seating & large projector screen for sporting events
- Lower-cellar pub will remain generally the same
- The bottleneck at the main front entrance is no longer
- Patio will be split between brewpub and the beer garden
- Mahogany bar, which is from the 1800s, remains
- Cleveland Scene article: https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2020/02/13/great-lakes-brewing-co-reopens-friday-with-new-brewpub-beer-garden-split-concept-after-renovations
- New brewery, Blue Monkey Brewing Co., opening in N. Royalton
- Brand new brewery to open at 5540 Wallings Rd. on Saturday, Feb. 29th at noon
- BYOF concept
- Goal is to have food trucks
- From website:
- “Four friends from North Royalton with a passion for beer and the community, came together with the hope of bringing the two together. Growing up in N.R. Ryan, Rick, Sean and Jim felt their hometown needed a new spot to get away, spend time with friends and family and of course enjoy delicious beer. A place for the community to enjoy good music, play games, interact with each other or just unwind!! Why not North Royalton’s first Brewery?!?! A little history…In 1811 the first settlers moved to what would become North Royalton. Knight Sprague and his brother David were among the first settlers here hailing from Royalton, Vt. They offered up the hearty helping of liquor if this new community could be named after their hometown. But Sprague would go on to really earn those naming rights, building the city’s first town hall on the Village Green, today’s City Green, in 1827.”
- Taco Fest: April 6th – 12th (various locations throughout the city)
- First ever taco week
- Hosted by Scene Magazine
- Not many details finalized, but the plan is to have $2 taco specials throughout the city in various restaurants
- Participants to be announced soon
As usual, follow us on social media at @thelotlpodcast (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram).
Thanks for listening!